Alexander PR was briefed with the following objectives for this initiative:
- Find a way to engage with shoppers both instore and online
- Brand Authenticity (driven by Virtue – having a clear sense of purpose; Value – offering unquestioned and appreciated value; Vitality – providing original and unique experiences; Visibility – creating engaging and meaningful connections)
- Design seven days of inspirational goodness to fuel the mind, body and soul, and kick those winter blues to the curb
- Invite several experts in these areas to chat with shoppers and also to participate in Botany Town Centre’s online community on Facebook
- Capture highlights on video, so that content can continue to thrive post-event
Most of us are familiar with the famous mid-year slump, when resolutions have long been lost and the carbs and couch are calling, making it hard to maintain any sort of healthy balance. In an attempt to inspire hibernating East Aucklanders, Botany Town Centre held a Winter Wellness Week, in which an array of wellbeing experts and food specialists shared their best kept secrets for keeping well and implementing healthy habits throughout the winter months.
Guest speakers included Olivia Scott from The Raw Kitchen, wellbeing life coach and writer Louise Thompson, online fitness guru and founder of MotivateMe Makaia Carr, smoothie experts Bowl and Arrow, and resident fashion stylist Kerry Finlay.
Through the collaboration of Alexander PR, The Content Place and Botany Town Centre, the goal of this event was to connect with a core audience on a topic that would resonate with them. The event was tailored to be both attractive and beneficial to the consumer, enhancing their relationship with the client, whilst giving them something meaningful to take away and put into action in their own lives.
Winter Wellness Week was met with great praise. To showcase the initiative’s success, The Content Place put together two videos of the week – Part One: Celebrating raw food, time management and re-charging, and Part Two: Just get there, live in the now, buy the boots. These videos were highlight reels of the speakers and their audiences, narrated by Louise Thompson, which meant those who weren’t in attendance could still benefit from the key messages presented at the inspirational event.
After these highlight reel videos went viral on social media – with over 30,000 views collectively so far, many have called for another event of the same calibre to take place again. The Content Place continues to work alongside Botany Town Centre and other shopping centres under the AMP Capital Shopping Centre Fund (ASCF) to develop successful events such as Winter Wellness Week.
Part One: Celebrating raw food, time management, re-charging
Part Two: Just get there, live in the now, buy the boots